Enjoy a lovely break at Sønderborg’s newest hotel, Steigenberger Alsik Hotel & Spa. Indulge yourself in the spa resort and complete your stay by learning about Southern Jutland’s fascinating history at Sønderborg Castle.
Check-in in an inviting double room with a view. In the room you’ll find your personal Alsik Spa Kit with lovely wellness products ready to use. Put on your bathrobe and slippers, and saunter over to Alsik Spa, where the infinity pool with its view of the strait of Alssund is warmly recommended. Indulge yourself with a spa treatment (20 % discount if booked in advance) and enjoy access to the Tea Lounge and Salt Lounge. If you’re feeling a little peckish, you can have a snack at Alsik Spa Café (organic crispbread and humus & pesto). In addition to the health resort at Alsik Spa, you also have access to fitness & yoga. You can upgrade your stay with access to Nordic Spa (pre-booking required due to limited availability).
After a lovely day enjoying the spa facilities, you can look forward to an exquisite 2-course dinner at Restaurant Alsik.
After a good night’s sleep and a delicious breakfast you can stroll along the quay down to the magnificent Sønderborg Castle, where a history lesson is the order of the day! At Sønderborg Castle you can experience almost 800 years’ dramatic history focused on Southern Jutland and Schleswig. The many rooms contain modern exhibitions of the unsettled history of Southern Jutland and the border country, including King Christian II of Denmark’s imprisonment at the castle, the Danish military defeat in 1864 and the many Danes who fought on the German side in the First World War prior to the Reunification of Southern Jutland with the rest of Denmark in 1920.
You can also experience the critically acclaimed exhibition, ‘100 years with Denmark – Southern Jutland since the Reunification’, which is aimed at history buffs, curious visitors, those wanting to learn about the region, young and old alike – in short, the exhibition is for both children and adults.
You haven’t seen Southern Jutland until you’ve visited Sønderborg Castle!
Included in your stay
· Overnight stay in inviting double room with a view
· “Nordic Glow” – your personal Alsik Spa Kit with delightful wellness products
· Admission to Alsik Spa Pool Hot-tub and outdoor saltwater pool
- 20 % discount on optional 60 min. treatment – in connection with a treatment, there’s exclusive access to Tea Lounge and Salt Lounge. (Pre-booking necessary by contacting the hotel on +45 7420 3000)
- Alsik Spa Café – organic crispbread sticks / humus and pesto tapenade
· Free access and use of fitness & yoga studio
· The chef’s specially selected 2-course menu at Restaurant Alsik
· Extensive breakfast buffet at Restaurant Alsik
· Use of Spa bathrobe and slippers during your stay
Tickets to Sønderborg Castle
Price for stay for 2 people, incl. the above: From DKK 2,342